Friday 28 May 2010

Wednesday 26th of May - London to San Francisco

Wednesday 26th of May

Well checked in yesterday, and BA managed to run my flight :-) Was on the upper deck of a 747 in a backwards facing seat. Why does a cabin crew strike mean that we had economy food and drink? Also they had problems with the entertainment system although as I didn't really want to watch anything that didn't worry me. Flight was a little delayed by headwinds so we landed about half an hour late at about five. Immigration and baggage were a doddle and my taxi dropped me off at my hotel by six.

Stood in reception for about ten minutes until someone came by and said that I needed to check in at another hotel just up the street, so I went and checked in there, where I was given two physical keys! I haven't had a physical key for an hotel for years it always seems to be cards these days. One key for the front door of the hotel and one for my room. The hotel is done in an old French style, and my room is done in "cutesy" down to a teddy bear on the bed (photo to follow) with a lovely fire although as the weather is reasonable I probably will not need that.

Started to go out for a walk, however I got paranoid about some chappie who was going into the hotel, so I went back, picked up two bottles of water from a fridge (free water is something that I think all hotels should offer). went back to my room and had a bath, why are the baths in America so low? It is something that always surprises me anew every time. After moisurising to bed! Have been having a lot of trouble with sleeping back home (3-4 hours a night) so I am delighted to report that I fell asleep at about half eight, and awoke at about half four.

No comments:

Post a Comment