Sunday 8 March 2009

Flapjack furniture

Life seems odd at the moment.

My boss went out of his way to avoid involvement in my current project, leaving it to me to negotiate with a very senior person from the company we are servicing. Funnily enough I was let down by our offshore people and wasn't able to provide as much as I had promised. Fortunately in a meeting on Friday I managed to pull things out of the bag in a quite spectacular fashion.

A couple of weeks ago (fiends on facebook may remember) I purchased three flapjack bookcases, I put one together last weekend, and one this, I was surprised how easily they went together, and the two that I have constructed really look quite good, one of the shelves is filled with booze, as is my drinks cabinet, at least I can be confident that my drinking is under control, the amount of dust on some of the bottles is shocking!

I tried to make "cookies" last weekend. They tasted revolting when they had cooled, but improved with age, if I ever remember to buy sugar I may make some more. Although I did have to throw about half of them away. The main lesson I learnt was not to put too much mixture on the tray, all of my biscuits had squared edges from where they had flowed into each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment