Friday 7 August 2009

Summer Exhibition

Yesterday I went up to London to the RA Summer Exhibition.

Clarification: The Royal Academy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Academy) is the leading art school? Society? in the UK. The summer exhibition is an exhibition where anyone (you , me, anyone) can submit works and RA members decide what should be exhibited.

This year I felt they missed the mark somewhat, there are a number of academicians whose best years are well behind them who still manage to get their works exhibited every year, normally there is at least one work I seriously consider purchasing, this year not so much.

Mater took me to our favourite Dim Sum restaurant before we went to the Academy, simply divine! Ducks feet, prawn dumplings, stuffed mushrooms, paper wrapped prawns, siu mai, cho fun, etc. all served fresh from the trolley, if I could only go to one Chinese restaurant this would be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment