Sunday 8 February 2009

Ho Hum (and a bit of snow)

Another quiet week, maybe I will have something interesting to write someday, in the mean time I suppose that this blog will tell people in 1000 years just how tedious life could be in the earlu 2000's

Monday was georgeous, we had deep (4-6 inches, so deep to me) snow, living in the south of England I do not see snow that often, and was amazed at how beautiful it made everything appear. As usual I set off for work at 7 (I always aim to leave at 6:30, however I rarely manage this). I drive on main roads once I get out of my estate, so I was expecting the roads to be fairly clear, however they were ungritted, so I (and all the other fools on the road, and there were not that many of us) was pootling along very slowly in the middle of the two lanes going in my direction. The drive was slow, but very pretty. I found my first gritter/plough as I was waiting in traffic and it blew snow in through my car window :-( All in all it took over two hours to get into work (Normally one hour or so) and I was one of eleven people who made it in! The gritters and ploughs had been out by the time I drove home, and it was the quickest trip home I have ever had.

The forecasts have been threatening snow ever since, however we have hardly seem any.

I have a Vauxhall (Opel) Corsa R registration (11 years old)

Anyway I was driving into work on Wednesday at about 07:20 and one of my rear tyres blew. Having grown up on Hollywood I would have expected much excitement, however in reality the car drove perfectly well, albeit with a most unpleasant sound, being the idiot/lazy fatherless child that I am I drove about 5 miles to get to a tyre place. I know that this was a seriously stupid thing to do, however in my defence I will say that the safest place to pull over was about 4 1/2 miles away.

No weight lost this week, but I am OK with that.

2 comments:

  1. Did you have to buy a rim along with a new tire? I've done the same. Drove 5 miles to safety vs a dark, lonely road.

    Enjoy the snow, it felt like spring here this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about your unusual snow fall! It hailed here yesterday for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete