Monday 2 February 2009

Snow brings London to a standstill

SNOW!


OK boring for most, however really exciting for me. We had between four and six inches, which may be a dissapointment to some, but is enough for me.

As I was unable to connect to the work network on Friday or over the weekend I decided to drive in, this was probably a silly thing to do, but the opportunity to see so many places looking stunning covered in snow was just too much to resist, and the view from my fifth floor (sixth floor to Americans) desk was worth the two hours drive.

I have to say that everyone drove very sensibly, which was a relief, I didn't see any accidents, although we did have one lorry blocking a roundabout, one little dog running around in the snow, but in the snow on the road, and roadworks :-

There are over 100 desks on my floor, about half of which are normally populated, and Monday is normally a busy day as people tend to fly on a Tuesday or Monday afternoon/evening (I normally flew on a Sunday, but then I had no life). Anyway I would expect about 60 people in today, and there are 3 of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment