Saturday 18 April 2009

Chinese Super Supper

Took my Mother out for her Birthday yesterday, her actual Birthday was a couple of weeks ago but this was the first time my Brother could make it. So I took her to a Chinese restaurant about 12 miles away.

The way the restaurant works is that you order whatever you want for a set price, so we ordered a lot of appetizers, and then half a crispy duck between the three of us! When it came to the main courses we were pretty much full. We ordered two mains, the waiter suggested that we may want more, the portions were small, and they were both delicious, however I think we were all glad that we didn't order more. Alovely meal for twenty quid each, you can't really do better than that.

My favourite Chinese food though is Dim Sum, I have to go to London to have anything other than Siu Mai, but it is always so worth it, my ultimate favourites are the paper wrapped prawn, and Har Kau. If there was room in my freezer I would pop up to the Chinese supermarket and buy a few packs tomorrow.

The weather has been quite springlike for two or three weeks, which is generally lovely I have managed to take a few walks which has been pleasent, the only downder is that this has been the worst year in record for pollen, so half the country seems to have the snuffles!

I found out a couple of days ago that a friend of mine may be getting married in Toronto a couple of weeks after I leave! Still they want a quiet wedding.

1 comment:

  1. If I ever come to England you have to promise to take me dining with you. Yum!

    Happy Birthday to your Mom!

    ReplyDelete