Friday 10 April 2009

Toronto

So I have booked my flights to Toronto with some airline called Air Transat, never heard of them, but the club class was relatively inexpensive, and the times of the flights were very good, no early start either end and landing at civilised times both ways.

Still in the planning phase at the moment, I'm thinking of Toronto for three days, Casoloma, Royal Ontario Museum and maybe Toronto island (noticed a restaurant called Bite Me that sounds good).

Then head off by train to Kingston (I work in Kingston!) for a couple of days just looking around the waterfront and town, then back to Toronto to catch a Blue Jays game, do some more sauntering and to meet some nice people :-)

Then off to the airport on Tuesday to pick up a hire car and drive up to the Deerhurst resort to chill for a couple of days, then down to Niagara falls for half of Thursday and Friday, drop off the car and home :-)

Hotels? Now where to stay? I have booked the Hilton at Niagara, but am not sure about where to stay in Toronto itself, I think I would like to be in the city so that I am able to get around easier, the Cosmopolitan looks very nice. As above I am not planning on driving until I have left Toronto so I need somewhere central, being a diamond Hhilton person staying there would probably be good, but it does seem pricey.

Still thinking of maybe hiring a car for a bit earlier and going out to the burbs instead of Kingston though.

No comments:

Post a Comment