Friday 29 May 2009

Toronto 2 Day 1

Better night last night, I think I am finally acclimatising to the time change.

Anyway woke up at about seven, bathed, and went for breakfast, Eggs Benedict! Not great, but the yolks were lovely and runny, have to admit I am still looking for Canadian bacon, I guess I will see it in the market if it is ever open when I am here! I'm guessing that I will not be able to make it after the baseball tomorrow, and it is shut on Sunday and Monday, still considering staying in Toronto for one more night though, in which case I could go there on Thursday.

Rewind! It was a beautiful morning in London, so I had a small walk around town before completing my packing and walking to the station, very civilised in the lounge sipping at orange juice reading the paper, then on to the train, again a very comfortable seat, however I did not partake of lunch this time, as to be honest I was still very full from yesterday, and breakfast this morning, however I did enjoy a couple of lovely glasses of wine.

Thoughts on the train were a little different this time, looking at all of the forest as we were moving along I was struck by how brave the first explorers were, going through these woods, not knowing what they would see, there could be dinosaurs, panthers, quicksands, who knows? And yet still they went on, under appreciated I think.

Arrived at Union station and got in a taxi, arrived at the hotel, and checked in quite happily, then to the room, as it turns out I will not be going to the CN tower, two of the lifts at the hotel are "scenic" or to use the vernacular glass, I did not enjoy the experience at all. Very nice hotel room though, although paying for the internet is a little off! The clubroom is shut at weekends :-( however I do have two full breakfast vouchers for the weekend :-) And a $25 voucher for the hotel restaurant.

Then a walk around, ending up at the Eaton Centre (again!) where I had a bowl of poutine, and felt full up all over again, more ambling and now back at hotel, the plan is for another early night, maybe watching the baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment