Sunday 24 May 2009

Toronto Day 1

What a day!

I awoke at 04:30 UK time, and couldn't get back to sleep, so I was quite tired when I headed off for the airport at 10:45. I arrived at the check in desk to be told that I had been downgraded, this was somewhat irritating as I really need the extra space, the only concession that I got was that they would refund me the extra cost for club. Well as I could have flown with BA and got miles for cheaper than their economy I wasn't that chuffed with that, still the flight was OK, it was only eight hours, however it seemed very long, but I suppose you have to expect that.

So having passed through customs and immigration I got a taxi into town, what is the point of a $49 fare? Should I just have given the chap $50? Checked into the (non-smoking :-( ) hotel not that flash a room, however it is perfectly acceptable. Then thought about going to Hemmingways for a quick bite, but I am not really geographically aware yet, so gave up and went for sushi just near the hotel. Had soft shelled crab (which tasted a lot like soft roe), and a selection of sushi, although there wasn't much rice, which I think sushi really needs. They tried to shortchange me $10 but as a tourist I am on the lookout for that!

Back to the hotel, a bath, and an early nights sleep.

2 comments: