Monday 5 January 2009

First day in the office this year.

Just a few things

1/ It snowed here overnight :-) only about an inch, however I awoke to a lovely scene, it still took me about an hour to get out of the flatlet, however it was lovely to do a little snow crunchy walk to the car, and I didn't have to scrape it, just push the snow off. We had a small snowstorm at work, well about ten minutes and barely any snow, and then some hail, and now... All the snow has gone, still it was lovely whilst it lasted.

2/ Back at work after the break, well I was working, but working from home just isn't the same, it was nice to see a few people and catch up on their breaks, so far it seems everyone had a good time, except the couple who went to Floridia and wish they were still there, and one chum of mine whose hubby is having big tests at hospital manana.

3/ My old souris was cutting out from time to time, so I have purchased an air mouse, I am using it now, but I think that it may take some time to get used to. An air mouse is sort of like a wiimote one just points it at the screen, or it seems in a random direction, and it moves the cursor. it looks cool, but my wrist is not used to the movements yet.

4/ Went out for a walk and possiblr shop at lunchtime, I'm looking for a new fitted bed sheet and duvet cover, for some reason all the bedsheets seem to be pale pastels at the moment, sadly with my skin I would hate that, so I will walk to John Lewis tomorrow. M&S did have some nice duvet covers, however I want to buy the two together, not sure why, it is just something I do.

5/ Sigh, I was reasonable with food today porridge with a little sugar, (don't tell my mother) for breakfast, then at lunchtime I succumbed to temptation, and having purchased a salad from Marks and Sparks went into Pret for soup, and then two sausage rolls (pastry) from the pasty shop. I was going to have the salad for supper, however it is a little nippy so I think I will finish the Thai red curry that I cooked yesterday instead. Will take the salad to work tomorrow, if I manage to avoid any food shops then I should be safe. Oh and I did have the last two chocolates from my advent calendar as well.

6/ Saw the cutest story on the BBC about two bairns (5 and 6) in Germany who ran away from home to get married in Africa as they were so in love, I loved the police comment "They can still put their plan into action at a later date,"!

7/ For the past four or five years I have had two desktop calendars, Dilbert and Sports Illustrated, I decided to stop getting the SI one when I hit forty, as I am now definitely old enough to be those girls father! So instead I decided on a cutesy animal calendar. Now I really miss the SI one, mainly because it had the whole month laid out on each page, and now I am having to rely on outlook for my longer term calendar :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment