Sunday 25 January 2009

Emotionally tired

Another quiet week :-)

I'm down 13lb to a stone since new year which is good. Only quite a lot left.

Despite that my soul has been very tired lately. As I was driving back from shopping in Windsor something told me to go to The Airforce Memorial, it is the most serene place I have ever been, and I really did feel a lot better after walking round. Not really sure why.

Burns night tonight to celebrate the famous Scottish Jew Rabbi Burns. So I am full of haggis now, cannot help feeling that I am letting the family down by not liking whisky, and by having sugar in my porridge, still there you go!

Anyway failed to win the lottery again, although not buying a ticket might have contributed to that so back to work tomorrow.


The Air Forces Memorial is a memorial for all the Commonwealth (Which includes American prior to 1941) aircrew who died in the second world war, in the western campaigns and whose bodies were never recovered. It is a concrete building with over 20,000 names written on its walls, very moving, and definitely the most serene place I know.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss. Keep it up. Australia and New Zealand have war memorials in many cities. They're called ANZAC. It stands for something like Australia New Zealand Air Corp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo and Hoo! Way to go, SS and Congratulations! Keep it up! It sounds as if you are well on your way! Your emotions will come around, the more you lose the happier you will feel. That is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete