Sunday 18 January 2009

Tony Hart

I suspect that no-one reading this blog will ever have heard of Tony Hart, however to me, and millions like me, he was our introduction to art and wonder.

The BBC says http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7836151.stm

However for me the memories will be of a man who was always enthusiastic, childishly enthusiastic, joyously enthusiastic, about art, and was accompanied by a signer when he drew. I believe that "Vision On" was the only mainstream program that the BBC produced where the signer was a part of the show. As a hearing person I can only hope that this allowed deaf children to enjoy the programme as much as I did.

With Tony Hart and Johnny Morris dead I think that my childhood has finally gone, and I pity those who never knew them.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard of Tony Hart. *hugs for the child in you

    Now I'm off to read your other entries. Well, I will be after dinner....or maybe in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete