Thursday 1 January 2009

Resolutions

The BBC tell me that New Year Resolutions are counter productive, however that said hopefully putting these out there on t'web will give me a little more willpower.

Aim - To lose weight, I was wearing a white jumper last night. and when I took off my coat in the restaurant Abdul said "Oh look, the Michelin man". Kim berated him, however I found it quite amusing and sadly true.

Resolutions:

1/ Drink less alcool, at the moment I seem to be drinking about three or four bottles a week, these are just useless calories that I can save on.

2/ Not have takeaways until I can fit into at least three of the shirts I bought back from Floridia. And even after that only once a month.

3/ Start walking for at least half an hour four days a week (to take account of wind and rain, I should push myself to every day if it is dry).


Aim - To build up my self confidence and avoid depressions jags.

It seems odd, I vary from super confident to no confident, just want to eliminate the no-confident side of things.

1/ Get the hang of my new job, at the moment I have done very little on it, and am having panics about not knowing what to do.

2/ Join a club of some sort. Round Table folded when I was Chairman elect (and I am too old now), I went to an am dram group and found it a little too full of egos for me. However I am doing an Archeology evening course starting in a couple of weeks so hopefully something will come of that.

There are probably many other things I should do, however I think these will do for starters.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Starshine! Welcome to the bloggy world!
    May I ask what it is you do for a living?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly! I am going to post here as I guess it is the correct place.

    I work full time for a company, however I have two separate jobs within that. I am a Business Analyst (I tell you how to make your company install/change an IT system/internal processes to make it more responsive to your requirements) which I did full time until recently when I was lucky enough to get the responsibility of co-ordinating training within my unit which is my other part time role.

    Now that is fine, however whilst I have given, attended, sent people on and booked training, there are no processes in my unit for training, so I am struggling with a completely new area and defining processes.

    Sigh I guess that if I keep hammering at it there will come a moment of revalation.

    ReplyDelete